Providing care to someone who is experiencing a mental illness can interrupt your vocational goals and be both physically and mentally challenging.
Carers often face barriers to workforce participation and opportunities to study or volunteer. We offer tailored, one-to-one support designed to meet carers’ vocational goals.
As well as direct carer support that includes counselling, peer support and mentoring, Ermha can provide relief from the caring role (respite), carer education and education for families.
The caring role can effect important aspects of life/strong>
- Time for yourself
- Developing meaningful relationships
- Managing your stress levels
- Maintaining good physical health
- Staying connected to your community
Ermha can work with you to maintain your caring role as you
- Achieve your vocational goals
- Manage your commitments beyond the caring role
- Strengthen relationships
- Make the best use of our one-to-one support
- Improve your wellbeing
- Build community connections
- Increase social inclusion
We take into account:
- Your interests and those of the person you care for
- Your family as a whole
- Your commitments beyond the caring role
Carer Vocational Support is best suited to you if you:
- Live in the City of Casey, Shire of Cardinia or the City of Greater Dandenong*
- Care for someone with a mental illness over the age of 16 or;
- Have cared for someone with a mental illness in the past 2 years
- Have a current or long term vocational goal
Ermha Carer Support Services accepts referrals from health professionals, other agencies, friends and family members, and we also welcome self-referrals.