Providing care to a person experiencing a mental illness can be physically and emotionally challenging
Ermha Respite supports carers so they can sustain their caring role – a role that yields significant economic and social benefits to the community.
The caring role can effect the things that are most important to you, such as:
- Time for yourself
- Connecting to your community
- Physical health
- Managing stress
- Learning and development
- Meaningful relationships
Ermha’s Carer Respite program can help you address the challenges of your caring role so you can achieve your goals.
Carer Respite can support you to:
- Manage your commitments beyond the caring role
- Build community connections
- Make the best use of our one-to-one support
- Improve your physical health
- Discover coping strategies
- Develop skills
- Build relationships
- Explore employment and training options
- Connect with other services
- Benefit from in-home respite
- Engage in recreational activities
- Join group respite sessions and events
Carer Respite is best suited to you if you:
- Live in the City of Casey, Shire of Cardinia or the City of Greater Dandenong*
- Are aged 16+
- Care for someone with a mental illness
Ermha Carer Support Services accepts referrals from health professionals, other agencies, friends and family members, and we also accept self-referrals.
Carer Support Services offers groups and activities throughout the year.