Providing care to a person experiencing a mental illness can be physically and emotionally challenging
Ermha Respite supports carers so they can sustain their caring role – a role that yields significant economic and social benefits to the community.
The caring role can effect the things that are most important to you, such as:
- Time for yourself
- Connecting to your community
- Physical health
- Managing stress
- Learning and development
- Meaningful relationships
Ermha’s Carer Respite program can help you address the challenges of your caring role so you can achieve your goals.
Carer Respite can support you to:
- Manage your commitments beyond the caring role
- Build community connections
- Make the best use of our one-to-one support
- Improve your physical health
- Discover coping strategies
- Develop skills
- Build relationships
- Explore employment and training options
- Connect with other services
- Benefit from in-home respite
- Engage in recreational activities
- Join group respite sessions and events
Carer Respite is best suited to you if you:
- Live in the City of Casey, Shire of Cardinia or the City of Greater Dandenong*
- Are aged 16+
- Care for someone with a mental illness
Ermha Carer Support Services accepts referrals from health professionals, other agencies, friends and family members, and we also accept self-referrals.
Carer Suport Services offers groups and activities throughout the year – a description of activities and when they are held is detailed in the calendar below.
There have been some slight changes to the workshops below – finger food is provided and the workshops are now held at Ermha Head Office.
Carer Support Group
Workshops for carers of people with a mental illness
6pm – 8pm, light finger food provided
Level 1, Building G, 45 Assembly Drive, Dandenong South, 3175
Tuesday 21st February
70’s Trivia Night
Tuesday 21st March
Tuesday 18th April
Tuesday 16th May
Tuesday 20th June