New support workers are often told that “before your shift, safety should be top of mind.” But what do you need to check to do this?
In this Skills for Support Workers podcast you will hear from experienced support workers with some practical tips for working safely. In this episode we will discuss:
– The three areas to consider when thinking about safety (02:15)
– How organisations can prepare for and influence safety (02:34)
– How you can prepare yourself for safe work (03:40)
– New support worker concerns when first starting (05:18)
– The importance of family (09:08)
– Safety while in the community (10:03).
Ellen, Trainer and Project Manager, ermha365
Teresa, Chief Operating Officer, ermha365
Bree, Trainer and Team Leader, ermha365
Lynn, Practice Leader, ermha365
Sarah, Support Worker, ermha365
This podcast series is part of the Developing the growing new NDIS (psychosocial disability) Workforce Project supported by the Victorian Government.