What is trauma-informed practice? Listen to two people with lived experience of trauma and their approach to supporting others.
Learn how trauma is defined and understood, and strategies for helping. In this Skills for Support Workers podcast, Tamara and Charlotte share how you may recognise when a person has a history of complex trauma and how to respond. In this episode we will discuss:
– A definition of trauma-informed practice. (01:27)
– The structural factors that influence experiences of trauma. (02:43)
– How trauma can manifest within an individual. (05:13)
– How to do trauma-informed practice. (6:08)
– Recognising trauma in a hospital setting. (12:18)
– What is a peer worker? (14:48)
– How trauma is defined (16:54)
– Peer worker tips (20:10).
Ellen, Trainer and Project Manager, ermha365
Tamara, Trainer, ermha365
Charlotte, Peer Worker, ermha365
Margie, PhD Student, Monash University
This podcast series is part of the Developing the growing new NDIS (psychosocial disability) Workforce Project supported by the Victorian Government.