What does trauma-informed practice look like in action?
This episode looks more closely at what support workers can do to limit further trauma from the service system and how to look after yourself using self-care strategies. In this Skills for Support Workers episode we will discuss:
– What you can do to minimise re-traumatisation of clients suffering from complex trauma. (01:15)
– Understanding vicarious trauma (06:30)
– Seeking effective support from Psychologists when responding to trauma (08:08)
– The importance of self-care. (09:27)
– What is the ABC model of self-care? (10:50)
– When to find help when self-care is not enough. (16:05)
Ellen, Trainer and Project Manager, ermha365
Tamara, Trainer, ermha365
Margie, PhD Student, Monash University
This podcast series is part of the Developing the growing new NDIS (psychosocial disability) Workforce Project supported by the Victorian Government.