Listen to how positive Behaviour Support Plans (BSP) can guide and support to enhance a person’s quality of life.
In this podcast, NDIS recipient Callum provides some insight into how support workers have helped him when he starts to feel hostile and is having a bad day.
In this Skills for Support Workers episode we discuss:
– What it has been like for Callum to receive support on a bad day (01:16)
– The benefits of Behaviour Support Plans (05:00)
– How collecting data collection on shift can be helpful (07:49)
– What an ABC chart is and how to use it (9:30)
– What is a Behaviour of Concern (BOC)? (12:53)
– Gain a better understanding of challenging behaviours, BOC & behaviours of protest (15:25)
– What is person-centred support? (18:00)
Ellen, Trainer and Project Manager, ermha365
Teresa, Chief Operating Officer, ermha365
Bree, Trainer and Team Leader, ermha365
Padraig, Behaviour Support Practitioner
Callum, Consumer at ermha365
This podcast series is part of the Developing the growing new NDIS (psychosocial disability) Workforce Project supported by the Victorian Government.