How can a support worker establish a supportive relationship in recovery-oriented practice?
Are there any magic bullets to build supportive recovery-oriented relationships?
In this episode we discuss:
– Strategies to aid the establishment of a supportive relationship (1:30)
– What do you need to know about your clients? (6:10)
– Techniques for fostering a supportive relationship (9:00)
– Treating people as individuals (10:50)
– Tips for new workers (13:11)
– Framework for Recovery-oriented Practice (15:15)
Ellen, Trainer and Project Manager, ermha365
Dr Melissa Petrakis, Senior Lecturer of Social work, Monash University
Lynne, Practice Leader, ermha365
This podcast series is part of the Developing the growing new NDIS (psychosocial disability) Workforce Project supported by the Victorian Government.